Wednesday, July 9, 2008

TP's first post!

This is my first post and don't really have any pictures to share, but don't need them anyway. Figured I'd get people caught up on what I've been doing (or not doing) since the twins came along last year. Let's see......I don't play softball anymore because bath times are always around game times! No way could Julia handle that herself - no way. I'm hoping to start back up next spring and we should be able to take the kids out to the softball diamonds. I wasn't able to play basketball in the evenings anymore either, but I did play with Doc a few times and actually was able to join the recreational basketball league at Sprint, where I work. We lost in the semi's to a team we demolished in the regular season, but no one could make a shot. One guy shot all the time and missed. He shot all the time because he's a huge KU fan and thought he was actually playing in the NCAA tourney along with Mario and "Deadbeat Daddy" Rush!! Anyhoo, the league allowed me to exercise some since I don't really exercise anymore. I've gained 15 pounds since the twins were born, but have managed to get 5 of those back off this summer. I imagine it's because I'm mowing all the time now!

Speaking of KU, it sucked that they won the championship and the Orange Bowl on top of that. As a K-Stater, it was cool to see B-Easy and Sky Walker get drafted a few weeks ago. Walker going to Julia's hometown Celtics after winning the title is a pretty cool thing. He'll be in a good situation there and hope he recovers from his knee injury. I am now the biggest Heat fan! I was the biggest Bulls fan during the 90's and loved the organization, well, until they broke the team up after '98, but I hate them like a Jayhawk after passing Beasley and taking Rose with the #1 pick!! I just don't understand how you pass the best player for a PG that will average 10 and 5 a game. Maybe a little better than that. I lost all respect for John Paxson making that pick - and I used to love the guy for making the clutch 3 against Portland back in '92!! Way to go Pax. Loved how Pat Riley played "poker" through the media to make Beasley look like a terrible person. It was genius. Then to add Mario Chalmers in the second round! I hate KU (as if you didn't know), but I'm excited to see B-Easy and Super Mario play on the same team. I wish they would've kept Darnell Jackson, who they originally picked in the second round, but they traded him to Cleveland the night of the draft.

With the kids getting bigger, and the fact that we can't just rely on one vehicle to haul them around, we decided to get rid of the Altima, and get something bigger. Not another minivan - no way. I was already upset by the realization that the Altima couldn't fit all three kids so we had to make sure we got something decent. My brother, Robert, is buying the car and will be headed to Chicago next month. Last week, we got a 2005 Acura MDX, white. Pretty nice and still has plenty of warranty. Seats seven, which was the main thing. I didn't want to get a 'Hoe or a Yukon (sorry Ted) or a big gas guzzler. The space would've been nice, but I didn't want to fill the tank. The MDX gets pretty good gas mileage - we considered the Honda Pilot first, but both were about the same price.

This is getting too long, so I'll wrap up shortly. We had our master bedroom shower and floor redone last October, weeks before the babies were born. We had the exterior of our house painted in June, so now we're done with projects for awhile. I have to paint some rooms, but we won't do anything else until next year when we plan on getting granite countertops and having the cabinets refaced. Then that just leaves new wood floors for the following year and we'll be done!!

Ok - I'm done.

3 comments:

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

Way to go TP!!

And it was a good post at that :)

Joe said...

you fit in a year's worth of posts into one, impressive.

I agree bulls made a bad decision not taking Beasley. One of many bad descisions since Jordan left.

JK Cyclone said...

Very insightful commentary here TP. I may need to think about doing a quarterly write-up on Jolyn's blog. I agree it was a mistake to pass on Beasley for a point guard by the Bulls. I think Rose will be a decent NBA player, but he really can't shoot the 3 so he will not score a lot once he gets inside against all the trees in the NBA. Beasley on the other hand should be very solid for a long time.