Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Oh how time flies....

...when you have an extra set of hands in this house! Sorry folks, we have been more than busy here. My parents have been in town for 3 weeks and things have been super crazy. SO, like many other blogging friends, I will use Jolyn's famous bullet point technique, and update with pictures and info! I will be back on track now that things have calmed down here.

  • MY PARENTS VISIT: They mostly came to be here for the twins' first birthday, which falls right around THanksgiving, so they killed two birds with one stone. They flew in on Nov. 14th and left Dec. 6th. We can THANK THEM ENOUGH FOR ALL THAT THEY DID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Food, meals made, holding babies, distracting a certain two-year old, and it goes on and on! Most of all, they got to spend TONS of time with the kids and boy are they missing them now. Jonathan is still asking "Where Gammie?" and every once in a while I find one of the babies sitting in front of the basement stairs. Here are a bunch of pics from their visit:

Dad and Joe

Mom and Jonathan getting the turkey ready.

Mom and Jonathan carving the turkey...he was Grammie's helper:-)

Mom and Jonathan...By the look on both of their faces, I think they were about to butt heads...I have seen that stare numerous times from my mother and it usually is in response to me not making "good choice."

Jonathan and my Dad hanging out watching TV.

  • JOSEPH AND CAROLINE TURN 1: SO, on the 29th of Nov., the twins turned 1. Here are some pics from the party. My camera's memory card was full before the candles came out but my mother got a few great shots of the kids "blowing" their candles out I will post later...whenever I get those (HA!). Joseph LOVED and ate the ENTIRE cupcake. Caroline took a nibble and then ate a banana (not sure she is my daughter).


  • FIRST HAIR CUT:. Oddly enough, I got teary. I didn't with Jonathan, but for some reason after she cut his bangs and he turned and looked at me, I lost it.

  • MONKEY SEE MONKEY DO: I have found myself saying this multiple times a day. They think it is funny to scamper up the stairs like I am chasing them...I love the giggles I hear I can't get mad.

No comments: