Friday, October 24, 2008

FIRE *#uck!!!

Ok, so the Speech therapist in me couldn't resist posting this. I have worked with HUNDREDS of kids that say and have funny speech issues. One little guy, I will never forget, LOVED fire trucks except he substituted the /tr/ in truck with an /f/. The mother was mortified and begged me to"fix it" because he would yell it out in public if he heard a siren.



Well, today the teenager down the street and her friend KINDLY came over after school to give me a hand. They were playing with the kids in our family room and I was on the computer answering work emails when I heard Jonathan say, "Sam, fire *uck, fire *uck!" I jumped up from the computer and went in the family room and he was holding his fire TRuck in front of Samatha's face. Samantha and her friend looked at me and one of them said, "Did he just say a bad word?" I died laughing and said he didn't mean too as he kept saying it over and over again! SO, the therapist in me jumped in and got him to subsitute the /f/ for a /t/ and all is well!



I have to admit that I am LOVING this stage of Jonathan's life due to the major explosion of his language. The funny and innocent comments that come out of him daily make me so happy! I can't wait to hear what Caroline and Joe have to say.

1 comment:

K said...

very funny! Thomas and I miss you, but he is doing good with his speech.He continues to improve, thanks so much for helping him.