Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Summer vacation-part one.

Last week was the first full week of summer vacation and I already don't remember what we did.....except being stuck in the house due to rain and a baby with a fever.  This week is an adventure in doing activities for under $20.  I've challenged myself to get creative and find a few age appropriate fun activities for 4 kids for cheap.  Here is what I have come up with thus far :

MONDAY:
Deanna Rose: $9.  Ok, not so new to the kids, but they haven't been fishing there before due to age and baby factor, so this was SUPER exciting for the boys, and Caroline.  She chose to ride the pony, but the boys shared their worms and let her catch a fish.
Caroline riding "Cowboy."
Caroline's fish.  Jonathan was kind enough to get it off the hook for her.
The boys baiting their poles.  Jonathan caught two very small sunfish. Joe lucked out...caught nothing but boy did they like his worms.

TUESDAY:
Bass Pro: $8.  My kids LOVE going to Bass Pro.  I typically never let them play the hunting game on the second floor, so again, this was a super treat.  There is the Wild West scene where, for $.50, you shoot at targets.  This kept them busy while I tried some sandals on!  I didn't get a picture of them playing, however, I did snap a picture of the twins pretending to be cowboys in the toy area.  Serious entertainment there!
DUNKIN DONUTS:  $7.  Finally a DUNKIN donuts opened near our house. We have been waiting for it to open as it is on the way home from preschool.  For those that don't know, DUNKIN donuts is on every corner in Massachusetts and is a nice reminder of home out here.
By the way, Hannah was content in her stroller during all of these activities.  She did enjoy running around bass pro for a bit, but this kid LOVES her stroller.... And I'm not complaining about that.

No comments: