Thursday, May 5, 2011

Mother's Day - Week

Mother's Day this year has been very special and it hasn't even been the actual day yet. The teachers at the kids KDO school have been busy. The moms in Jonathan's class were invited to a "Mother's Day Brunch" of muffins and juice. At each child's "spot" at the tables were "My Mommy and Me" pictures, a DVD, and a Happy Mother's Day 'fill-in the blank.' While we ate our muffins, the DVD that the teachers made was playing on a tv.




Jon and Mom at KDO "Mother's Day Brunch"

All the moms and KDO kids.
Jon's version of MOM. I think he is right on about "My favorite saying is 'I love you', "My mother's favorite place to kiss me is my head," and "My favorite time of the day is nightime." He is slightly off on "My favorite restaurant is Burger King" (we RARELY eat there) and "My favorite animal is a cat "(I'm allergic to cats). I loved every minute of this morning and have had a huge smile on my face all day. THEN.......
at pick up time, I was greeted by the twins, in unison, saying "HAPPPY MUFVERS DAY!" and handing me their little hand prints with poems. The poem follows....so darling!







MY HANDPRINT



Sometimes you get discouraged because I'm so small



and always leave my finger prints on furniture and walls.



But everyday I'm growing big and soon I'll be very tall.



Then all my little handprints will be hard to recall.



So here's a special handprint just so that you can say,



this is how my fingers looked when I placed them here today.






HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL THE MOMMIES OUT THERE!

























No comments: