Monday, November 8, 2010

Twins do the Weirdest, Oops I mean Cutest Things...

Tonight after baths, and very LONG and LATE naps, the twins got into their "wonder-twin-play."(SEE ABOVE PICTURE: "riding the bus") It is something we have noticed the twins do. They don't plan or discuss what they are playing, they simulateously start to play this elaborate, detailed pretend fantasy, of say, "riding the bus, to go to school, to go to the grocery store, to take their babies to the doctor, to go to daddy's work..." and it goes on. What is interesting to me is that they carry on this conversation while playing but don't really consult with eachother about what they are doing, but they are BOTH playing along...to top it off, and this is the BEST PART, they get into this zone of no disturbance! I LOVE IT!!! They want nothing to do with me...as I write this they are in the basement playing who knows, but I got a blog completed.

SO, after I finished this blog, I called downstairs to the twins for bedtime and this is the response:
Caroline: Shhhh Joe joe, mommy coming.
Mommy: Ummm, please come upstairs, it's bedtime.
Joe/Caroline: No, 5 minutes please,.
Mommy: No, it is late and you have school tomorrow. It is bedtime now.
Caroline: But we flying the airplane to the beach. See?
Mommy goes downstairs and sees the following scene:

Caroline: See Mommy! We flying the airplane. Joe Joe is the pilot.

Note: They had half of the toys in the basement piled on and next to a mini trampolene...that will be fun to pick up since I just reorganized the entire basement play area. Oh well... they played nice and I got to blog:-) Enjoy the flight!!

1 comment:

The Kennedys said...

I love it...I bet it's so nice they play together! Jackie has been so into pretending and making up games, etc lately. Such a fun stage!